Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend stuff

After a long week, we had a lot of fun last night. They were doing online specials for some haunted houses around here, so we hit up both the Castle of Chaos and the Haunted Mansion for our date night. They were a lot of fun; I'd say of the three we've been to this year, the Castle of Chaos was by far the best. Though there was one girl in the Haunted Mansion - an actress - who could lower her entire torso to the floor and crawl around with her knees and elbows jutting out at weird angles, just like on The Ring. And when she laughed, it sounded exactly like Emily Rose (while possessed with demons). It was pretty rad. We stopped at Borders on the way home. We want to try and squeeze in the Haunted Forest sometime next week before Halloween. By the way, that movie we watched, Paranormal Activity, that "good fun" ended up keeping me awake all night long, terrified at every little sound I heard - and some were weird. I think I might have to give it a rest for a little while until my nerves calm down.

Today, I spent hours on homework, and Geoff did some cleaning. He cleaned the junk out of the computer room, and dusted and vacuumed everything, and the room feels great now. No more litter-box stink. Though I have to admit, the house really does feel different without Wally. There's no one sitting by the door when we come home and making us laugh at the silly things he does and jumping on our laps at his convenience. I miss him. I hope he's happy in his new home.

Tonight we watched two movies, Hocus Pocus and Ghost of Girlfriends Past. (Neither are scary, not to worry!) I know, Geoff got me a chick flick and watched it with me, and even bought me chocolate and pomegranite drink. In addition to the cleaning! What a sweetie.

My mom is in New York with her sisters and one of their husbands. That's what my time off last week was for, except the week got changed. Anyway, the apartment they are staying in is in Soho - only one block away from the one Heath Ledger died in (may he R.I.P.), and is in the apartment building that some actress name Juliana Mascaro or something, and Kanye West live in. Meaning: it's nice! I guess the couple that owns it -as a vacation home - are both doctors and the husband has written books and been on Oprah. They totally stocked the fridge with wine, coffee, and chocolate, ha ha. My friend who lived in New York for a couple of years had made a list of all her favorite places to eat and things to see and do, and gave it to my mom, so they're using it. I hope they're having fun. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danielle said that was the scariest movie she has ever seen. I'm sorry it freaked you out. Dad wants to see it. I don't now.

We were able to do at least half of the things on Angie's list. (it was really helpful - thanks to Angie!) New York really is an interesting city and I've got lots of great pictures to show you! BTW... it's Juliana Margulies :)