Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference

This morning I had the great privilege of going to the Sunday morning session of General Conference with my hubby and little sister. Geoff has been once before, and it was mine and Danielle's first time, ever. My uncle, who lives in Arizona, managed to get some tickets, and then he ended up not going so he gave three of his tickets to us.

It was pretty exciting. It starts at ten, but we needed to be in our seats no later than 9 for Music and the Spoken Word, and we sort of overestmated the timing of the crowd, so we got there way early. Got great parking though. Now, I don't generally just listen to Mo-Tab for fun, but in the MATSW they sang two songs that I just love love love. My Shepherd Will Supply My Need and Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. I really enjoyed it.

The conference itself was really good. I enjoyed all of the talks, and we're for sure going to buy the conference session of the Ensign because there were a lot of really good talks. President Eyring and President Monson both spoke, and there were others.

The one thing that was really funny about the whole thing was that there was someone sitting quite near us that had the worst gas I have ever had the misfortune of being around. We sat there for nearly four hours, and it was happening right from the very start and getting worse with the passage of time, to around every two or three minutes. Whoever it was was a master SBD-er, cuz I never heard a sound to help me figure out who it was, although I had my suspicions. Anyway, we were happy to get outside afterward but aside from that, it was a great experience. And I'm glad my little sister could come with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have only been to MATSW once but I loved it. I LOVE "Come Thou Fount..." So beautiful. I'm glad you guys got to go to conference too. Winner uncles!