Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Short blog

Over the weekend we decided to start doing an official weekly family night, so Monday, that's what we did. I know, when you're marriend and have no kids, every night is family night, right? Well it's just a little more than that, Geoff had prepared a short spiritual thought, and we talked about it for a few minutes and then that was it. And we had dinner. And next week, it'll be my turn. This is addition to our weekly date night, which will probably be on Friday nights usually, my guess. Like we're taking some improvement steps, and I think we're totally committed this time, so I'm really very excited about this and I look forward to it all the time! I love my hubby so much and love spending time with him!

I still have school, but I'm pretty sure I can get around that. I'm not so concerned about missing a few assignments here or there anymore, if it happens at all. I'm just really really really looking forward to having a normal life again after December, filled with all sorts of good stuff like family time, being able to keep the house clean more easily, reading books, and I really want to lose some weight. The weight gain started in the summer of 2006, when I added full-time school to my schedule, and I've tried to get healthy several times since then, but have never really had enough energy or will power to stick to a long-term plan. But we're planning a family disneyland trip next summer and that's my deadline to lose 40 lbs. I hope it isn't premature that I'm blogging about this. I just feel so optimistic about post-school life and I really look forward to getting started on it.

Geoff sent me a link today to an article about a family of five, and the wife had cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy, and the husband had lost his long-time manufacturing job and was coming to the end of his severance package. Their health coverage was going from $136/month to $400/month and quickly to $1200/month. They felt their only option to make sure they had health coverage for the wife was to join the military, even though it meant leaving his family during this critical time of cancer-fighting. It made me so sad. I know I get so engrossed in my own peachy little life that I forget there are people who suffer and endure things I could not. I know I have to be grateful for each and every day I have with my husband, for what we have, because a struggle is just a down-size away. We agreed that it's a good idea to try to be prepared financially too, if anything like that were ever to happen. Life is so uncertain. But, I also feel like there's so many new and exciting things for us just around the corner and I look forward to them too, and building a life with my sweet husband. I'm just feeling very grateful, I guess.

Okay, I know I'm so cheesy. Congrats if you made it this far. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If things go bad for us, our plan is to move in with our kids!!

Jax said...

Thanks for the thoughts today, Cali; I really enjoyed them.