Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wally is gone

It was sudden. At least for me. See last weekend, I walked into the bedroom and found Wally in the bedcovers - he's not allowed in the bedroom at all - and I shooed him out, and said something mean about him loud enough for Geoff to hear. It bothered him, and a talk ensued, with me essentially saying I don't hate Wally, I'm just tired of the constant stink and mess. Geoff later decided that it would be best to just get rid of Wally, and I insisted we not, and he insisted we did, saying it might help us sleep better at night being able to breathe, that he's affecting both our allergies. I didn't think Geoff would actually place an ad, but place and ad he did, and some people came and picked him up today. I didn't even know until today when I was at work and Geoff called. I got to come home on my lunch break and say goodbye. He actually let me scratch his chin and he actually purred. And he let me pick him up and cradle him, as long as he could put his paw on my face. (I think he did that to ensure some protective distance... he wasn't used to being picked up when he arrived here a year and a half ago.)

Anyway, they came while I was in class, and Geoff said he thinks Wally is going to be happy. He was very comfortable with them and warmed right up to them. I think he's a pretty quick adapter - it only took him a day with us until he was rolling around on his back, which is a good sign. The only thing is that they have another cat, and we were told that he doesn't like other animals, though we hadn't actually seen what he would do. Geoff thinks he'll quickly get used to the other cat and will be fine. We told them to bring him back if he doesn't work out though. Geoff says we're just not pet people. Our apartment is too small for a pet. So probably soon we'll want to wash all the upholstery and have the carpet cleaned to get the hair and dander out. I'm kind of sad that I'll never see him again though, and I think we'll miss him. He's a good cat.

In other news today, Geoff had a job interview, in Ogden which is aways away. Only to get there and have them tell him he's overqualified. But, the guy had said, they get open positions in Accounting all the time and he'd give his resume to them. A little frustrating, yes, but Geoff said the guy liked him, so he's thinking of the positive, that he made a good contact. All else there is to do is just keep applying for jobs. I know something will work out.


After work today, my friend and I went to Costco to get flowers for a girl we know who just had a baby (twins - tragically, one was lost). Poor girl. I can't imagine the highs and lows she is going through right now. She's such a sweet girl and we just love her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the ad on KSL for Wally, actually. (I play with the idea of getting a cat sometimes but I'm deathly allergic.)

Get a job in Ogden! Woot! We love Ogden. We do.

Chakeshemo said...

Sorry Walter is gone. It's hard not to get attached to the furry critters. Maybe he'll learn to read and appreciate black and white movies? Seriously, pets are always missed.

Toones said...

I cant believe Wally is gone!! Awe... so sad. That fat man was really cute. Sorry you guys. Hopefully it will be for the best though. Miss yall!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had to get rid Wally. I just read this today and didn't know. Some day you'll be able to have the perfect animal you can keep forever!