Friday, November 27, 2009

El chevere weekendo

So Thursday, we slept in, cooked up some Veggies in a Cloud (pretty much the one legitimate dish I can make) and headed to my parents' around two for Thanksgiving dinner. We were all there, and Erik's girlfriend, except for Alison. But we took pictures to send her and next year she'll be home! After dinner we went to see Blind Side in Payson. It was pretty good. I did like Sandra Bullock, but then when do I not like her? :) Anyway, then we went back to mom's for pie and Danielle and I played piano duets. It was fun.

This morning we slept in again - or I slept in, Geoff seems to have trouble sleeping in - went shopping in the afternoon after all the CRAZY shoppers were at home in bed, decorated the house for Christmas, did house-cleaning/laundry, made dinner, and watched Elf with my sweetheart. COULD THERE BE SUCH A THING AS A BETTER DAY? I think not. :)

So, now that the house is clean and Christmas is up and the shopping bug is out of my system, I can focus on homework tomorrow. I LOVE long weekends. Plenty of time to do stuff and spend time with family. I am so very much enjoying hanging out with Geoff. Right now he is out in the family room practicing his spanish. He has a spanish Book of Mormon from his mission and he reads it aloud. I have no idea what he's saying but I kind of like listening.

2 comments:

JohnnyB said...

"I did like Sandra Bullock, but then when do I not like her?" 100% in agreement. I am referring, of course, to her acting.

Rory said...

ha ha ha. Bridgett hates it when I speak Spanish because of the fact she doesn't know what I'm saying. Maybe the Book of Mormon trick will work.