Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cuz I'm saved by the bell

My mom worked at the Sundance Film Festival last weekend, and she and my aunt are working it again this weekend - they're like ushers or something. Anyway, mom saw Mario Lopez last weekend. She was working at the door of a celeb-only restaurant, making sure only the people who were supposed to get in did (sounds like a bouncer to me - go mom!), and in walked Mr. Gorgeous himself, with his girlfriend or wife or whoever, and he flashed a gorgous smile at my mom and looked up at the restaurant and said, "Oh, wow!" And that was it. Ha ha. She's supposed to work at a premier attended by Ryan Renolds this weekend, and probably his wifey, Scarlett Johansen.

I worked until 8 tonight. That's a long day for mwah. Only a few more days to go - I'm thinking everything will pull through. A lot of loose ends came together today, which was good and lightens my burden quite a bit. I'll have lots of overtime on this coming paycheck and the one after that - even with my day off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve has a huge crush on Ryan Reynolds. He's going to cry to hear that someone I know KNOWS him... well that's what I'm telling him. :) I want to go to the film festival so much!

Anonymous said...

The one thing I noticed about Mario was that he seemed genuinely nice. He was always smiling, and when he went back outside he put his arms around a couple fans (not too attractive obese women) and just stood there and talked to them and let them take pictures with him. It totally made their day. Not all celebs would be bothered with the general public, but he was very kind. He seemed like a genuinely good person.

Lyndsie said...

Your mom is so lucky. Seriously. I have been nursing that crush on Slater I mean Mario for years now. I even defend that jericurl mullet he had going on. Now that's love.