Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fun weekend

So, Friday night, our neighbors had invited us over to play games and make smoothies. We stayed for a few hours until it was time to put the baby to bed - and he is a cute baby. But we really enjoyed it; it was great of them to have us over.

Saturday, I got up early and went to work for a little while. I've been kind of worried about making deadlines, because there's more to do this month than just the regular quarterlies (year-end), and I've been delayed a few days because our software liason (who works her butt off for us and we love her) was still working on reconciliations and W2's and I couldn't proceed until she was done, and I'll be missing a day of work next week to go to Oregon. So, I've only got two weeks left to do most of what normally takes me about three weeks. They are very careful about letting people in the building outside of normal business hours (for company and employee security), but they gave me a key and showed me how to work the alarms, which I was very grateful for. In just four hours, I was able to do about two days worth of taxes. It's amazing how much you can get done when there are no interruptions or other, routine things to do during the day! So that takes some pressure off. If I can get through the unemployment by Thursday I'll be sittin' pretty. So I'm sure I'll be working late a lot next week, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and I really do love my job.

After I got home and showered, we went to the BYU/Colorado game. Geoff had found tickets for $1 online! They each had a $2 "printing fee", but 6 bucks for a basketball game is still a smokin' deal. BYU killed them, as what happens at every single sporting event we've ever gone to. Basketball, soccer, baseball, and football, it never fails. We think we're good luck or something. ;) We left with 9 minutes left in the game, because BYU was 20 points ahead and we wanted to beat traffic. We turned on the radio to hear the final score, and it was BYU 91, Colorado 43. That means BYU scored another 30 points in the last 9 minutes of the game! Crazy!

We came home and made dinner, then I got really grumpy, started crying, and laid down on the bed and fell asleep for a couple hours. (such a dope.) Geoff laid down with me though, he was a sweetheart. We got up and watched another couple hours of Man vs Wild and went to bed.

Today, I look forward to relaxing, making dinner, and straightening house. It is sooooooo nice that I don't have to worry about homework. This day is mine all mine.

1 comment:

Chakeshemo said...

To bad you didn't go to the BYU -vs- TCU football game. That was embarrassing.