Thursday, January 7, 2010

STUFFS!

Since the beginning of this week, Geoff keeps coming home from work and wanting to go to bed at 7:00 every night. I wonder if it's just weeks and months of not sleeping well are finally catching up to him and he's just exhausted. Also probable, is that he started his new job on Monday and that can be very exhausting as well. But he is happy to be working again. I don't think I mentioned this yet, but he decided he wants to do social work. So his job is with a mostly government-funded non-profit up in Salt Lake. His degree did help him get the job, even though he isn't doing accounting. Anyway, now he wants to get a masters in social work, so he's also going to be taking evening classes this semester, starting today, to fulfill prerequisite requirements. He's going to be one tired man! He'll have the same schedule I've been having for the past couple of years, and now I'm going to be home in the evenings! Being home makes me happy.

For me, I've tentatively decided to go for a grad program that starts a little bit later than the ones I've been looking at. I have an internal struggle between wanting to move on, RIGHT NOW, and realizing that a break can be a good thing, too, and is probably needed. It's a big struggle. But, for right now I'm heeding Geoff's urging to just take a break for a little longer. I just don't want for us to get so comfortable in our routine that we start thinking grad school isn't important and we're fine with where we are and lose sight of our goals. I hope that doesn't happen, I don't think it will. Geoff says it won't. I won't let it.

Anyway, since I'm not breaking my head over GMAT studying at this time, and since Geoff will be gone evenings anyway, I'm finally, ultimately, turning my attention to diet and exercise. I haven't been at all perfect so far; I ate pizza and tacos - though I still lost a pound (must've been pretty bad before if I can eat pizza and tacos and still lose a pound). But here are a few things that I love that I think might become staples for the next long time:

Dannon Light & Fit Smoothie-Carb and Sugar controlThis is so good! Except you have to buy the Carb and Sugar control type, or else you'll just be drinking sugar. And it only comes in one flavor - strawberry banana - but is great for on-the-go breakfast or mid-day snack to curb hunger.

Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon

This has some sodium, but is low in calories, low in fat, and high protein, and tasty. And filling. You can eat it right out of the package. I just recommend disposing of the package somewhere other than the garbage can under your desk, unless you want to smell fish for the rest of the day. But it's GOOD, I promise.

And then we're working on the veggies. We'll probably always be working on the veggies. But they are good too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have a blog devoted to things you can eat that are good for you. I had pizza for dinner last night and for breakfast and lunch today. But at least I had a glass of milk, right?

Cali said...

Heck Yes!