Thursday, February 18, 2010

Donuts: a life or death situation

Waiting at a red left turn tonight, a car pulled up behind me and I heard a little kid screaming at the top of his lungs, even though my windows were up. It alarmed me because I thought the kid was being kidnapped and was trying to alert someone to the situation. He was screaming the same thing over and over, and finally I was able to discern the words admidst the crying fit of rage:

"I WANT DONUTS!!"

Oh. Wow that kid really really really wanted donuts. Boy if I was that kid's mom I'd smack him. (child abuse!) Okay then I'd ground him hard. For a long long time. Unless he had some sort of mental disability wherin he was unable to control himself, then that would just be mean.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

I'm pretty sure every mom has had a screaming child in her car before. It all begins when they are infants....they don't all enjoy their carseats and fall asleep immediately when riding in the car.
I would think it was worse of the mom to pull over to a doughnut shop than to let him/her scream about it.
Still, if that was the only trouble in your life, how great would that be?
How old did the kid look?

Cali said...

I couldn't see the kid since it was dark - and I agree, it would've been worse to go get donuts. I just couldn't believe how bloody-murder it all was.

Rach said...

that's funny, there's a donut place right by the kids dr's office and Heston thinks donuts go with a visit to th dr.s now.