Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I hope the mountains just stay mountains, and the valleys stay valleys

In the wee hours of the morning I had a dream that there was a violent earthquake, and I knew we had to leave the house, so I ran into the bathroom and started putting on my makeup, because it was vital that I have on makeup before leaving the house, even though I could sense pending death. I'm not really like that - in fact I didn't wear makeup to work today - but I woke up feeling panicky and unprepared and immediately thought of Al's urging us to get food storage and put an emergency bag under the bed with a change of clothes and a few other things. It needs to be done, like, yesterday.

So as if I don't already have a complex about this earthquake stuff, Geoff's out there watching 2012. I will not watch it, even though it's just a bunch of unrealistic special-effects. Anyway, an earthquake might just bring the mountains down on the entire valley, (and the valleys become mountains, and the mountains become valleys), and we're goners anyway, so. How's that for uplifting? Sorry. I have not been the most uplifting person in the last few months. I know that needs to change.

Anyway, tonight I'm trying out mom's dee-licious artichoke dip recipe. Oh it's so full of cream cheese and mayonaise it should sound really gross. But it's not. We used fat-free cream cheese and low-fat miracle whip, but still. Oh but it's the best.

Mom really likes CS so far! Yay!!! We finished with the clothes project. We cleared out six huge garbage bags full of clothes. I think this is the beginning of something beautiful - a decluttering of the house! I cleaned out the pantry too.

3 comments:

kenna said...

ooo, i'm gonna go home and clean out my pantry. I LOVE doing that.

so cali, we need to have a night where we sit on my comfy leather couches, eating food, watching riverdance.

no really, like soon.

NaDell said...

Scary stuff to think about, but it's always better to be prepared. Don't forget a non-electric can opener.
What is CS?

Cali said...

CS is Collective Soul