Monday, March 8, 2010

"They call it Mari-ju-wanna"

The weather is fantastic today. It might be a smidge too cold yet, but it reminds me of four-wheeling out west, or at the sand dunes. When we were little we even did easter egg hunts.

Given a little craziness of the past weekend, we ended up with all of our clothes strewn all over the front room and bedroom, I mean everything in our closets. I decided it's the perfect time to go through stuff and get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit/haven't worn in awhile. Mom works at a place that takes clothing donations, so we'll send 'em there once we're finished. But I found a pair of jeans that I wore just a couple of years ago that look too small for a pre-pubescent teenager... of course they only look that way now that I'm fat. So depressing. Good motivation for going to the gym eh. Anyway, the clothes are still all over the place - it looks like storm hit. Hope to get it done tonight.

Alison wrote again - it sounds like she's still doing good, but having a little trouble with her companion, who isn't motivated to do much of anything at all. Boy I just miss her so much. I'm just glad she's still safe.

This last Saturday, we went to the Young Dubliners concert at The Depot with mom and dad, two aunts, two uncles, and 4 couple-friends of my parents. I was feeling a little queasy and not wanting to jump in with the main-floor crowd, so I sat on a stool by the wall, but man I was still blown away by their performance. It really was incredible - easily the most energetic concert I've ever been to, mixed with some absolutely beautiful bagpipe/flute music that reminded me of my favorite show of all time: Riverdance. The bagpipe guy also played the music on Mel Gibson's Braveheart, so they did a few minutes of that theme too. But mostly it was kind of punk-irish rock, and awesome. I really want to go next time they come so I can actually get into the crowd and get down, he he. My parents were actually right up there next to the stage, partying with all the other people, ha ha. And it was a pretty good mix of ages and types of people. All-around a great show. Thanks for the tickets dad, I'm glad you got us to go. :) (My uncle called it "traditional irish, on steroids, ha) Also there was a lot of beer and as we walked out we passed some miserable guy sitting on a bench with his head in a trash can. Gross! And Geoff said he watched the concert from the upper balcony and accidentally got a little high off the second-hand mj smoke - oops! ha ha. But a good time was definitely had.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're definately going again! They come to SLC at least once a year at the Depot. And I'm soooo glad you liked em. Hard not to, huh?

Traditional Irish on steroids... that's a good description!

kenna said...

sigh, the crazy irish.

wait, i'm irish.

explains the crazay and the propensity i have to get wasted and do a little jig on the table.

fo shigity doo!