Friday, April 9, 2010

Little Gwennie

Oh my gosh we love her so much!  We named her Gwen.  I was thinking Gwendolyn, and then Geoff said Gwenevere, and we like that one much more, because it's a fantasy type name and we like fantasy.  She's such a snuggler.  She loves to be right where we are - in our laps, if possible.  This evening she laid down next to me and took a nap.  I had to get up and move and when I sat back down I was on the other side of the couch.  She sat up, looked at me for a minute, then came over to where I was and snuggled back in.  Also while she was sleeping, I heard this faint clicking/sucking sound, and thought "is she sucking in her sleep?"  I stuck the very tip of my finger in her mouth and sure enough she was making little sucking sounds in her sleep!  We've also discovered when Geoff whistles, she stares and does the back and forth head tilt thing.  It's so cute!  She also likes tug of war.  When we go for walks, she doesn't bark at anything, but she'll stop right in her tracks and stare hard at whatever interests her.  It's so fun getting to know her and I'm amazed at how comfortable she is with us.  She falls asleep right in our arms.

Last night, we put her in her crate.  She whined and cried, and the whines turned into rather loud yaps.  I felt sorta sorry for the guy upstairs, but it only lasted about five minutes and then she gave up, and we could hear her cute little snores.  So hopefully she'll get more and more used to sleeping in her crate.

Tomorrow we have a vet appt to get her first shots.  That last people who had her weren't sure of her immunization history and didn't have papers, so the vet offices I called said it's better to start them over and it doesn't hurt them.  We're also going to have her fixed as soon as possible so we can take her to doggie day care a few times a week and let her socialize and get used to being around people/dogs besides us.  Plus give her some more exercise.

Anyway, here are some videos.  There's nothing special about them, other than you can see what she looks like.  She's so dang cute.



3 comments:

kenna said...

mmk, i'm jealous, i'll just say it.

she is adorable. i have always wanted a little pug.

Kayt and Brian Bell said...

awwww, what a cutie!! I love her. Wanna know something sad? We had to have someone adopt Tank. . just too much moving around for the poor little guy. I miss you soooooo much. I have a great idea. . you Geoff. . come to Florida to see us. . haha! Miss ya

Denise said...

She is very cute!!! I love the video's.......I love watching Geoff LOL!!