Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A pug named Gary

First the fun news - we are thinking about getting a dog.  Yes, I know, we don't have the best track record for keeping our pets.  We're trying not to be impulsive this time though.  And though we are still busy, we're out of school now and are home a lot more.  And, we agreed we could do doggie day care a couple of times a week, to give the dog some extra socialization and exercize.  So, we're looking for smaller dogs since we are still in an apartment.  Maybe a pug - we would name it Gary.  Or we saw a cute mini-schnauzer too.  We would like to get one that's not a brand new puppy, and one that's been house trained.  So we'll keep looking.

I asked my boss if I could leave early on Mondays... the chain of events, or conversation, went something like this...

Oh you're taking a class?  But what for, I thought you were done with school?  Oh, graduate school?  Oh, and when would that be?  And you could go anywhere?

What exactly can I do, lie?  I'm an open book, he asked, I answered.  I may read back over this some day and cringe at myself.  But, my boss, who normally prefers to avoid knowing absolutely any details about our lives outside of work whatsoever, knows my plans now.  I just didn't want to say anything until there was something concrete, and never do I intend to leave them hanging.  I don't feel fantastic about it, but it is what it is.  Geoff said that I can't be missing out on anything if I planned to leave at some point either way.  So.  But my boss was supportive of taking the class and as long as I'm getting my work done, didn't see a problem with me leaving early.

Super Awesome Little Brother came to our house after his classes today - I met him on my lunch break - and he looked at my car.  The great news, is that the only parts we need are a headlight and mount!  He reshaped the rest of the car without tools, and wa-la, produced the blinker light, which had been shoved out of sight, but was still there and still worked.  I gave him some cash and he's going to get the parts and work on it this weekend, if he can find them.  He's such a good guy.  I have a great brother.  I'm so thankful for him and his willingness to help.  :)

There were some major breakthroughs in therapy tonight.  I'll write them later when I have the energy to, because they were really good.

5 comments:

Lyndsie said...

I do love the thought of a dog named Gary. If, however, you change your mind and want an adult cat, they are free, no strings attached, at Richard's work. He works at Salt Lake County Animal Services and there are so many animals needing a good home. If you and Geoff feel up to the drive to SLC to look, let me know! I'd love to see you.

That's awesome about your car. Hooray for your little brother!

Jax said...

Get a puggy!!! So ugly they're cute! Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is okay Cali!
And I think you should get a puppy. Love dogs!

Jessica GaleForce said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO GET A DOG!!

What class are you taking at the U?

Cali said...

Thanks for the suggestion Lyndsie. We actually had a cat for a couple of years, and we loved him. But I think we are ready for a dog this time. But next time we are looking for a cat we'll check it out. :)

So I'm pretty sure we're getting a pug, tonight actually. I'll post some pictures if it really happens. She is cute!

Jessica, it's an auditing class.