Friday, April 23, 2010

Time for time out?

Geoff bought a Wii yesterday.  I wanted Mario Kart - so geeky but I remember having so much fun with that game as a kid... so we played that, it was fun.  We also played tennis and bowling on the sports thing that comes with the console, and Geoff also got an airforce-type game.  It was getting late and I fell asleep on the couch with a blanket while Geoff played.  Gwennie climbed up under the blanket and fell asleep on my back with her head poking out of the blanket.  She's so cute!  It was such a nice night.  I just love being home hanging out.

So... I think I'm starting to burn out on work a little.  We worked on year-end stuff from January all the way through March, then quarterlies started again on April 1st... and still not finished but by the end of next week it will all be done.  So it's just been extra busy, and I think maybe working at night this week has pushed it a little too much.  Gosh I don't know how I did this with school for three years!  It's like suddenly I do not have the energy to do as much stuff; I feel like there's no way I could do that now, and it's only been a few months... I just want to go home at the end of the day and veg... like, every day.  Geoff and I never really took a trip to celebrate graduating like we were going to, either.  I've taken a day off to go to Oregon and a day to go to Vegas, but I would looooooooooove having some time - like a week - to just wind down... don't even care where we'd go, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Go to Oregon!

Denise said...

I know where you could go.........hmmmmmmmmmm......... someplace in Oregon??? Free room and board.........free food!! What do ya say?