Sunday, June 27, 2010

Catching up

Not really feeling the desire to blog this last week - the world will keep turning whether or not I write what we did, but here-a-go anyway, for kicks and giggles.

Ummmmm.......  I can't remember that far back.

Friday- work as usual, and Geoff and I went to a barbeque at my uncle's house in Lehi.  I met cousins/second cousins I'd never met before.  There were a lot of people!  I bet our family is so much bigger than I have a clue about.  But it was fun, we ate fruit pizza, cake, bbq chicken, potato salad, and played basketball.  It was a sort of celebration of all the June birthdays.  After the bbq we went to Spanish Fork to pick up Gwennie and bring Dad and Danielle their Father's Day/Birthday presents (I know we're super late, sorry).  We were going to try to pull an all-nighter, and I drank a 5-hour energy and a 20 oz Mtn Dew, and was out like a light by midnight.  Oh well, maybe next weekend.

Saturday morning I went to the funeral of Myrle Jones (Aunt Myrle), who was married to my Grandma Boyack's brother.  I remember her always smiling and being very sweet, even though I didn't see her all that often.  Dad has only good things to say about her.  I know she and my grandma were very close. 

After the funeral, since I was in Payson, I wanted to see if some places were still there back from when I worked there before I got married.  China Moon was no longer there, although the sign still was, but the little coffee shop was still there.  Alison came with me, and we got smoothies and went to the park for a few minutes.

After that, I went to work at The Journey for a couple of hours, then came home to relax with my hubby and puppy.  We went to the grocery store, walked the dog, and later, like at 10 pm, went to the gym.  It is cheesy but I really love just doing mundane stuff with Geoff.  And we sat on the couch and watched movies/read books for the rest of the night, it was so nice.

Today we've got temple recommend interviews and visiting teaching, and another evening of relaxing.  It will be nice.

No comments: