Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Here we go

So now that it's been about six months since I was in school, my grace period for student loans is ending and we've had to take a good hard look at where we stand.  Wasn't real smart about keeping track of them while in school, and we owe more than I would've thought.  BUT, we knocked a big ol' chunk of it out to start (some of the higher amt, higher interest rate ones), and a plan is in motion to rebuild our savings and get the loans paid off as much as possible before fall 2011.  I hope we are disciplined enough to do it.  I think we are.  We'll just have to go into saving mode like we did when first married - which sucked a lot, but it's worth it to get stuff paid off and have our savings back.  I am only a little troubled that it seems the A/C in my car is beginning to give out.  The A/C has always been fantastic in that car, and is pretty much a main thing I have to have.  We can't even drive Gwennie around in my car if there's no A/C.  (Pugs can overheat and die from being in extreme heat in as little as 30 minutes).  So here's crossing my fingers that it holds out - preferrably another couple of years but we'll have to see.

No comments: