Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ghosts and kabobs

Dinner last night was so fun!  We went to our friends' in Mt. Pleasant and bbq'd kabobs, with steak, chicken, and veggies, and we also grilled corn and pineapple and had melon salad, it turned out so good!  We had planned to go to the drive in but it rained, so we ended up playing a board game called Blokus, and listened to the "subliminal messages" when songs are played backwards.  Ha we laughed so hard, it was so fun.  And they have this old turn of the century house that they've fixed up.  It's so cute but so old and a little spooky.  Geoff had made a CD out of a paranormal podcast and we listened to it on the drive home through Thistle and Spanish Fork canyon - it was spooky and so fun!  We picked up Gwennie at mom's and got home at one a.m.  I fell right to sleep but Geoff had drank a 5 Hour Energy to drive us home, so he was awake until 3:00.  Then he got up at six to let Gwennie out, so sweet.  So he's pretty much dead today and is sleeping right now. 

Church this morning at nine.  It was good.  My second time leading the music in RS.  I guess I won't really be playing the piano like I thought, which is a little sad but it's fine.  One of the hymns we sang actually changed time signatures halfway through the song and I hadn't noticed it so it totally threw me off.  I completely stopped leading for half a verse because I was so lost!  Well, I really don't think anyone even watches the chorister anyway, and if they did, oh well.  I just tell myself, "at least I'm not teaching the lesson, that is scary."  Ha ha.  We came home, ate lunch, then went back at 1:30 for me to get set apart, and came home again.

That's when Geoff went to sleep and I took Gwennie down to Spanish Fork again and Erik took a look at my brakes, which are making awful noises.  We have to replace the front brake pads and one of the rotors, because the brake pad dug way into it.  I don't know why my brakes always get so messed up - I'm a slow braker.  Well at least that's the worst of any problems I've ever had with that car; it's a good car. 

Well, we have the rest of the afternoon and evening to hang out and I'm going to go cherish it.

No comments: