Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My random thoughts for today

I think my mom thinks I overreacted to Gwennie eating a mushroom.  I'm sure I did.  But though I hate to overreact, I'd hate it worse if she got really sick and/or died.  So, anyway.  It occurred to me that we can take all the precautions to keep our puppy safe and healthy - all her immunizations, get her spayed, protect her from other dogs and other dog poo until she's considered "safe", etc, but it all means nothing if she goes and eats a bad mushroom, or gets bitten by a spider or something.  Is this what happens when you have kids?  Am I gonna be a paranoid-type mom? 

My co-worker who just had her baby 5 weeks ago brought the little guy in to visit us yesterday.  He's still only about 6 pounds!  (Gwennie is 10 lbs now, which makes him seem all the more tiny to me!)  He is so cute, completely calm just like his mom, and fell asleep right in my arms while I was holding him.  So cute.  It does not make me baby hungry at all, but it's still cute.  His momma is doing great too, except she gets sad when she thinks about having to leave him and come back to work.  I'm happy for her, but I don't really envy her situation; that would be hard.

Yesterday was the 20th anniversary at work.  It was an all-day celebration, with cute balloon decorations everywhere, games and drawings throughout the day, and lunch catered.  We had a staff meeting and the two people who started the company talked a little bit about the company and their experience, and also about how much they admired the two people currently in charge for taking it this far.  They mentioned how they are the most honest and upstanding guys they know, and I found myself agreeing.  I know that an experience like this does not come along everyday (I have only to look around me to see that) and I am so lucky.  Really.  I know I get sick of the routine sometimes (who doesn't) but overall I know how lucky I am to work for a place like that. 

Oh also they gave us each a little goodie bag with some 20th anniversary memorabilia (mugs, pens, sticky paper, etc.) and a bunch of $20 bills waded up - $140 in all.  So great!!  In addition, I got a mixing bowl and some mixing tools (spatula, wire wisk, etc) in the drawing.  I think it was for little kids because it says "for kids" on it, and the mixing tools have suction cups on them so you can stick 'em to the counter, but I actually think that's a genius idea.  We'll make good use of it. :)

So last night I went to work at my other job for a few hours. I'm kind of wondering if I should quit once my class starts in the fall.  I feel kind of bad about quitting, because I accepted the job, and feel like I should be good and follow through.  I just don't know if it'll be worth it to stay, but we'll see.

I've been looking around online for Las Vegas housing that accepts pets.  I was afraid that everything available would be junky, but there are actually some really nice places down there.  The only bad thing is that rent is quite a bit more than we are paying for mortgage right now.  We talked about buying a place and keeping the same monthly pmts we have now, just living in LV.  Both options have their pros and cons, but it's too early to decide anyway.  We don't even know where we're going for sure, and won't know for at least 9 months or so.  It's just fun to look.  First thing first is studying for the GMAT, which I've really been dragging my feet on.  But the book came in the mail, so there's no excuses now.

Anyway, there's my novel.  Gotta head back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE and WILL BE a fantastic mom! :)

Denise said...

Well you know.........the cost of living here in Oregon is much much better!!!!! Think about it!!