Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Goats go to hell

So, I seem to need a major reality check.  Seriously, like, my logical brain is saying, "try being unemployed and see how you like that."  The rest of me is going, "I'M SO BORED!!!!!!"  I know how terrible I sound, and can't imagine that this is fun for anyone else to read, sorry.  I just feel like I'm going out of my mind a little.  I have stuff to do, but it's just so incredibly boring I just want to keel over sometimes.  And I say this in the same breath as how great my employer is, seriously.  They are amazing.  I just don't know what my problem is.  Immaturity?  I'm coming up on four years at the same place, the longest ever for me; I don't know how some people can stay at the same job for ten, fifteen, twenty-plus years without going crazy.  Well I've just got another year or so to go, I can just make that, and be grateful in the meantime.

Talking with one of our auditors the other day.  He said he's enjoyed auditing ever since he started about five years ago, because he gets to be in a new place every couple of weeks.  (He did staff accounting before getting his CPA so I imagine he's been in my spot before.)  Although he admits he works for a good firm - some firms (he didn't name names, but I've heard from a few people about KPMG) have a tendency to work the new auditors into the ground, so to speak.  Anyway, some people seem to enjoy giving the auditors a hard time, I guess because they interrupt you while you're trying to work.  I don't mind them at all though, usually they're pretty nice.

All I know is, I want to love you madly.  Outside, outside the walls, out where you don't hear the echos and calls, but the steel eye, tight jaw, say it all.  They say it all.  And sheep go to heaven.

No comments: