Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gerbauds

It's almost ten.  Geoff won't be home for another hour, but I've gotta hit the sack if I wanna get up at five again tomorrow for the GYM!  Two days in a row at 5 a.m.??? We'll see!  Gwennie's spending the night at mom's since we both got home so late today.  It's weird to be here alone and not have her little presence following me around everywhere.  I miss her.  But Kola has finally warmed up to her and is playing with her now, so that plus the backyard and she is in a happy place.  :)

I went shopping after work today, then went to my other job.  I haven't been there in two weeks but there wasn't much for me to do.  The little bit I did I hoped I was doing right.  I feel like this other place is kind of disorganized, and I hate feeling like half of what I'm doing could possibly be wrong.  I mean I know how to do stuff like use the software; it's their processes and protocols that I can't nail down.  When I ask questions, I either get an answer but then it changes, or I just simply don't get an answer.  So I just kind of do my best and hope for the best.  When I first started, my trainer had said that the CPAs said the books were getting a lot better, which tells me they've probably had a struggle with organization for awhile.  What complicates it is that we almost never see each other, so we're communicating mostly through texts and emails.

It's kind of a shock to my system, when compared with my real job, where everything is precise and extremely organized.  My boss is a great communicator too.  There is never uncertainty when a request is made or advice is given.  I do appreciate organization. 

Speaking of my boss, I was having a conversation with another coworker about pants, and he jumped right in and sat there talked about pants with us for 15 minutes, it was so funny. 

But regarding this pants conversation, this coworker was telling me where to find pants that are plenty long and fit well - I think we have similar body types and her pants look great on her.  Guess where - THE. GAP.  I quit shopping there as a teenager because there was something I didn't like about the pants.  I think it was because of the high waist that comes on all of their slacks, but ten years later and I sort of prefer the high waist.  So that's where I went after work today, and it was a gold mine!  Hello!  I found some 12 Longs, which fit perfectly around the top and came all the way down to the floor!  And they were on sale for $20 each too, so I bought them in khaki, black, and navy blue.  Man, I think it's really been years since I've honestly had a pair of great-fitting work pants, and for so cheap, so I am excited.  I guess they really are out there, you just have to know where to look.

K.  I feel weird going to bed alone.  Maybe I'll wait for Geoff to come home.  So not that this is any of my business, but boy last night as I laid there trying to sleep, the above tenant and a girl (guessing either his daughter or girlfriend, her age is fuzzy to me just going by her looks) were yelling and screaming for at least a half hour.  I could only hear his voice saying "what the f do I know?" and couldn't make out what she said but her voice was vicious.  Finally I had to turn on the AC fan to sort of drown it out.  The guy up there lives alone and is amiable enough when we see him, but when there's other people up there there are fights.  I'm sure he's heard us fighting a time or two, but anyway.  Someday - a long ways off - we'll have a house.

Also here I just read that in the past tense, "lie" becomes "lay" and "lay" becomes "laid."  And "layed" is a nonsense word and does not exist.  So I think "As I laid there trying to sleep" is correct.  Learnt sumthin knew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothin like getting new groovy pants that fit well! Yippee!!!

Last night I went into the laundry room to check on the dogs and Gwennine jumped out of her bed and ran up to me. I petted her and then said, "Go back to bed". She obediently went back to her bed, sat there, looked at me and tipped her head to the side. She was so cute! (and obedient)

Cali said...

Awwwwww so cute!

Kayt and Brian Bell said...

Hey! I miss you! YOu are reading a book you can't put down? Do tell please please!!! I love a good book and you have great taste in such!