Thursday, July 8, 2010

A "squashed" cake! Ha, oh I am so clever.

Today is Mom & Dad's 27th Anniversary!  Wow!  Congrats to them!  We brought them a cake when we went to pick up Gwennie but they weren't there, as well they shouldn't be.  I hope they got to do something fun!

I think there's a RS girl's night out tonight in about a half hour - but I just barely got home and am pretty exhausted.  Just sitting on the couch relaxing is what sounds good to me right now.  I'm baking the other squash and can't wait to chow down... love squash.  (Weird name for a vegetable though, if you think about it long and hard - which I just did, because I have no life.)

Since we were at the store picking up a cake today, it reminded me of a time in high school that my dad had special ordered a cake for my mom's birthday.  He asked me to go pick it up so he could surprise her with it, so, my friend and I hopped in the car to go get it.  We stopped somewhere quick on the way home and left the cake sitting in the passenger's seat.  When we got back to the car, my friend accidentally sat down - hard - right on top of that cake!  Ha ha!  The store we bought it from was really nice and whipped us up another cake free of charge right then and there (Albertson's in Spanish Fork), but that's a funny memory.

5 comments:

Chakeshemo said...

Thanks Cal. You are one swell person. Last night we got down with our bad selves and watched a movie. "Roman Holiday" (Gregory Peck)

kenna said...

Aw man I feel like a DOUCHE BAG.

:(

Have they forgiven me yet?

Cali said...

Kenna, DON'T feel like a douche bag! It's just something to look back on and laugh about. I was probably the only person that even remembered it, no one cared I promise.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty much the best story ever. One time I walked out of Albertsons with a cake that I hadn't paid for. I didn't go back and pay for it either so I basically am a felon and shoplift cakes.

Oh cakes. You're funny.

NaDell said...

Squash is yummy. I love squash. I can't wait for my squash to grow soon or to see what pops up out of the ground from last year.