Saturday, September 4, 2010

The funk of forty thousand years

Last night Geoff had to work at a high school in Salt Lake, and he wanted to stay for this big rival football game - East vs. West High.  Alison and I went and joined him.  It was pretty fun, all the news stations were there, including the KSL Chopper 5 which flew around and around... (weird because you could see the KSL building down the block, don't know why they needed to bring their chopper?)  Anyway.  As we were standing there watching the chopper fly around, Geoff turns to me and says, "wouldn't it be cool if it just started dumping buckets of blood on everyone?"  Uh....        the random, morbid thoughts of this man I call husband...  ha ha, I might be shocked if I didn't know that's just who he is - with a fascination for gore and a sometimes morbid sense of humor.  It made me think back to that little booklet that he made in the first grade in which his head got chopped off and he liked it.  Lol.  Good thing Halloween is coming up.  We're already planning to go to the Castle of Chaos the minute it opens, and planning our costumes too.

I also got to meet the high school staff that is introducing him to everyone and getting the high school involved in the program, and she was very nice - she reminded me of Geoff's mom because she was so tiny - and she introduced him to the coach.  Geoff is very much in his element with his work.  I think he was born to do what he does, with the relationship building for the program and the working with kids.  He does truly love to get involved and does a very good job. 

Anyway after the game - we left a little early - we went to Moochies (which was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) and got subs.  Definitely a dive, little hole in the wall, but it was yummy all right.  We came home and read from the would-you-rather book with Alison for awhile then I started falling asleep and she left.

Today Geoff has class from 10:15 to 1:45.  I'll get as much cleaning done as I can, then we'll try to make it to the Provo Farmer's market before it closes.  I really want to go to Maurices and spend my gift card, asap.  So maybe do that today too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhh, i have never heard of moochies. i worship little hole in the wall places.