Monday, September 27, 2010

Indecisive Ingrid?

(VS Debbie Downer or Nervous Nellie.  I know I'm a HUGE dork.  Roll with it.)

So last week.

I waivered between doing a Macc or an MBA, or a Macc or an MBA or a Macc (or something else entirely!)
I couldn't decide between going to grad school next fall or not going
I wondered if I should quit my job, and if so, when, and what would I do afterwards

It was kind of exhausting and by the end of the week I was snapping at poor Geoff for no reason.  Yesterday helped, we went up the canyon and walked around Sundance, which was beautiful.  We found some hikes that we'd like to try next weekend.  I hope the weather is good enugg!  Then I just layed around, napping, watching TV, and went visiting teaching at four.  SO NICE!  I refused to think about work or do any homework. 

Out of those three items, the one that I've made a decision on is not to go to grad school next fall.  I mean, given my track record, there's no promising that'll stick, but for now.  We'll go wherever Geoff gets accepted and decides to go, and I'll work.  I'm hoping to rejuvenate some interest in accounting with a new job, and it'll give me more time to decide between degrees.  I never wanted to do an MBA because I feel they're sort of a dime a dozen these days (sort of), and the program is two years vs one, and I hated the business management capstone we had to do, taught by the teacher that's heading up the MBA program at UVU or something.  I just couldn't see myself surviving two years of that stuff.  But, and it's weird, but I had a feeling that that was what I needed to do?  But I would miss this year's deadline for most MBA programs.  Anyway, I'm giving myself another year to figure it out, or come to terms with it.  We'll see.   

Since I'm not going to grad school right away - and maybe not even in accounting, I tried to drop my auditing class, but I missed the drop deadline by a week.  I guess it can't hurt to have done it though.

Anyway, my thought now, and I'm excited, is where will we go?  I don't know or care but I'm excited for a new adventure!

No comments: