Monday, September 6, 2010

Stuff

So last night mom invited us down for dinner.  They gave me a birthday present - a gift card to iTunes, t-shirt, and key-lime chocolate from Key West. (They just got back from a week in Florida.)  We watched a rerun of yesterday's BYU football game, and some boring home videos that Geoff suffered through without complaint.  We had brought some games, but we ended up not playing them.  Probably next time.

In church yesterday, we talked about being grateful for everything we have.  It wasn't even what the lesson was about but it's the part I remember.  I know I have a tendency to get proud and think that what we have is because we're so cool, but it's not true.  Last night I felt particularly grateful for my warm comfortable bed, my husband, and our home. 

Yesterday Geoff mentioned that the deadline to apply for his program at U of U is in November - almost a year in advance!  I don't think my deadlines are that early but all the schools will be different and it made me realize I need to get my butt in gear.  And how can I ever expect to move to Ireland if I can't even make myself study for a GMAT?  So.  I want to go to this Mod Bod store and see if they still have anything on sale, but after that I'm spending the day studying.  And I do appreciate having an extra day off to get started.

Update: Boy some day... ended up skipping the clothing store and got to work on homework. Spent most of the day on that. Went out of the house once for a Wal-mart run. Now the weekend is over. We played Scrabble and watched a documentary on the Yes Men. They were just like any extremists/political activists making a documentary, but they sure are brilliant social engineers. I can't believe the stuff they got away with! Bought the new Lifehouse album with my gift card. It has a lot of good songs.

I forgot to mention that Alison and I went to the mall on Saturday and she got me a way cute new shirt too for my birthday.  It was sweet of her.  I have enjoyed hanging out with her a lot.  I would def. miss my sis a lot if we move away.

Today Geoff told me that if he dies before me, he wants to me tell them to put his body in the Tomb of the Damned... the Damned Good Looking, that is.

No comments: