Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Goodbye for now

Well, just getting everything ready to go for the morning.  I stayed pretty late at work the last two days to stay caught up for when I get back.  The house is pretty clean from last weekend still (a miracle) and doing a little last minute laundry.  We made reservations to board Gwennie at her favorite day care.  I think she'll have fun but I know I'll MISS her like crazy!  I had the hardest time EVAR getting rid of my Collective Soul tickets.  First I tried to sell them and nobody bit, so then I tried to give them away and nobody wanted to drive out to Wendover for them.  That, or they didn't know who they were.  EVERYONE knows Collective Soul; most just don't realize it, that's how it works.  Finally someone said "that guy loves them" so I checked and sure enough.  He pretty much freaked out about it; it made his day.  See, Collective Soul fans are out there!!  Even if someone tries to tick me off by talking about how much they suck to my face.  Doesn't change my love of the band, just perhaps my opinion of that person.  So there.

Well, I obviously wish we were going to Oregon under happier circumstances, but I AM excited to see the family again.  I think there will be lots of tears, but most of them will be happy tears, in celebration of love and an amazing life and woman.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Sorry to hear Geoffs grandma passed...