Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm Wistful

So I wrote a huge post and then deleted it.  On purpose.  I've got nothing interesting to write about, yet I feel compelled to write, like I have since I was about 13.  I was actually googling pictures of utah county rainy weather, and somehow came across this blog, which just happened to be about - of all things - Scotland.  I read these two posts:

A Post for Isabelle

and

A Highland Adventure

Which has only reaffirmed my intense desire to go be there for a long period of time (preferrably to live there if ever given the chance.)  Just breathtaking.

4 comments:

kenna said...

write and leave it so i can read it.

i need some good things to read, and your writing is wonderful.

Courtney said...

I just finished Outlander last night and then found out that it is a 6 book series?! I'm excited that the story continues because I really liked it (and you're right, definitely not a YA book..HOLY COW), but those books are huge and my family/house is going to be seriously neglected while I read. I hope the other books are as good as the first without some of the hanky panky. :)

Cali said...

Courtney, I'm so glad you liked the book! I actually kind of liked the hanky panky ha ha (oops did I say that) but you're right the next one does not have quite as much of it. I totally know where you're coming from with the time commitment though- I wouldn't even pick the book up if I couldn't devote at least a few hours to it because then everything else got so neglected! It is good!

Cali said...

Also, I have only read the first two books, but I hear that they are really good until about the 4th book or so, then they get kind of boring? But at least that's three or four good ones.