Sunday, December 19, 2010

Apple butter and blind dog

Congrats to Josh & Kenna on adoption of their "little studly" this last week!  They've been through quite a lot and really deserve this! And he is CUTE!

It's been raining all day today and yesterday.  We have to force Gwennie to go potty outside because she hates to get wet.  Well tonight we thought we'd take her for a walk in her raincoat.  The hood kept falling over her face, and I wondered if she could see, but she went trotting off anyway.  My suspicions were confirmed a moment later when she ran face-first into a utility box, hard.  It was just like that Dana Carvey movie with the dog that has a depth perception problem.  I wish I'd got it on camera because it was so funny!  I took the raincoat off after that, obviously.  (And she was fine.)

Been making applebutter today with a recipe Geoff's sweet cousin, Becca, gave me.  It looked way easy because all you do is throw everything in the crock pot and let it cook.  It wasn't until I googled ways to make the applebutter thicken that I realized I'm supposed to can it to seal it off, too.  If I had known that, I wouldn't have picked applebutter as neighbor/coworker gifts, cuz that's more work than I planned to do (simpler is always better!).  Luckily, the jars I bought were the type you can can with, and we have a canning pot from 2007 when Grandma taught us to can peaches.  (We'd meant to can some more stuff, but it never happend.)  Today's batch made 17 jars.  Two more batches to go.

I can't believe the weekend is over already!  It has gone too fast!  I'm glad this coming work week is a short one!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Haha, that story about Gwennie made me laugh. Animals can be so funny.

So this isn't really related to your post, but I wanted to tell you that I love that photo of you on your side bar. :)