Wednesday, December 1, 2010

blondeness

We decided Gwennie just needed more attention.  So we've been giving the little bugger more attention the last couple of days.  She is SUCH a bugger cuddler sometimes.  I should be nicer.  Since I'M a huge cuddler nearly all the time.  I get Gwennie.  Poor Geoff has to deal with us both.  (He's doing a good job though!)

Getting my roots touched up today.  Just thought I'd try to look nice for the Christmas party, which is Friday night.  I can't believe this will be my fifth party.  And possibly my last.  Crazy to think I've been there for that long though.  But yay for blonde roots.

So I know this is old as the hills, and I'm sorry for going on about it.  But I was just thinking how not long ago I wanted a big house.  Big, nice, modern.  Ever since the idea of moving overseas though, it seems a big house would just be an anchor - something to suck up resources that could be put into a move, and keep us rooted somewhere.  So I'm totally happy living somewhere small - I'd even take a place without a dishwasher - if it meant getting that much closer to that goal.  Stupid huh?  I think about this stuff a lot when sitting behind a desk dealing with taxes.

Someone at Geoff's work brought pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and shared the easy recipe with him: one box of spice cake mix, one can of pumpkin filling, one bag of chocolate chips.  Mix all together and bake.  So Geoff came home and made them, and they were so delicious!  I made them for my work a few days later and everyone loved them.  Last night Geoff had an idea to use chocolate cake mix instead of spice cake mix, and to use peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips.  So we made them last night, and they were, quoting Geoff: "the worst cookies I've ever had."  Ha ha.  Well you win some you lose some I guess.

Thanksgiving weekend was sooooo nice. I just loved staying home and hanging out.  Reading, napping, watching movies.  Only two point five more days until the next one!

No comments: