Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Doggie daycare

So I made an appt to board Gwennie Saturday night at Rockin' Dogs, the place we've been taking her since she got all her shots.  I've always thought something was a little "off" about the owner- but always just thought - "well, he's a business owner, business owners often have weird personalities."  However, after I made the appointment today, I found a bumload of horrible online reviews for Rockin Dogs.  Really, the only thing I've ever wondered about, besides the owner, was the extra $30 they charge for dog grooming when staying longer than two days, because it didn't look like she'd been groomed, and her nails certainly hadn't been clipped.  Other than that, it has seemed fine.  But after reading all of that, I think we'll be looking elsewhere for another boarding facility.

Thinking on it - I wonder why should it be so hard to run that business AND be honest and polite at the same time?  Then I thought - I could do it!  I would take the things I like about Rockin' Dogs, include some ideas of my own, and run the business, and do it honestly and with great care for the wee doggies.  Let the positive word of mouth be a marketing tool.  I'm sure the hardest part would be getting the business up and going - no small job and I don't doubt it.  But once it was up and going, I could totally do that.

I think I could handle something challenging as long as I enjoyed it.

Just a thought.  Right now we're kind of in limbo, waiting to see what happens in the next year or so.  But I could start making tentative plans in the meantime.  Be something to look forward to.

No comments: