Thursday, December 2, 2010

Urk

Just one little pet peeve that I have to get out because I'm bored - I cringe every time someone says they "loved on" or need to "love on" their kids or babies?  I know what moms really mean when they say that, but it sounds weird and gross!  As one who has absolutely no business correcting moms, I just have to ask, don't love on your kids, just love them, ok?  Thx. :-)   Ha ha it reminds of when Michael Scott made his screenname "littlekidlover" so that everyone would know how good he was with kids.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

I don't say that....It just sounds funny. I'm sure that people don't need to put it all over that they are being nice to their kids. I just assume that parents give them hugs and kisses and are nice to them most of the time.

Anonymous said...

I never noticed it until now, but I too feel weird by that phrase! Eeek. lol. I've seen a few people on facebook say it, I don't really get what it means either.