Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Catch up

I'm a slacker.  I'm already starting to forget stuff. 

On Thursday night (Christmas Eve Eve) what really ended up happening is I convinced Geoff he needed an iPod Touch too (he seemed to like mine so I thought it would be fun for him to get one too).  We found one for $175 on KSL, unopened. Retail is about $230, so we thought that was a good deal.  We drove all the way out to West Jordan, out past the Oquirrh Mtn Temple even, to pick it up.  We brought Gwennie along, just for the heck of it.  It was her first experience with sticking her head out the window while driving.  She was timid at first, but then she couldn't get enough and I had to hold her down to keep her from falling out!  It was pretty late when we got back, so we just spend the rest of the night laying in bed, downloading apps and playing with our ipods.  We layed there for a good 3-4 hours doing that, and showing each other what we got.  It was fun.  We ate at Applebee's earlier in the afternoon too, after I was off work.

Christmas Eve, the big event was that we went out to lunch with my family, Uncle Pete & Aunt Sue, and Grandma Bingham.  We went to Goodwood in Draper.  Then we went home and took naps, passed out neighbor gifts, and I don't remember after that.  Probably watched Married with Children or something.

Christmas Day, we slept way in (it was wonderful), went to mom and dad's around noon and exchanged gifts, then headed to my Grandma Boyack's to meet the extended family for lunch and gift opening.  We went back to mom and dad's afterward, to pick up Gwennie, and ended up staying and doing puzzles and watching a movie. 

The morning after Christmas, we woke up before the butt crack of dawn and drove to the airport.  Geoff flew out to Portland.  His plane was delayed and ended up not even leaving until after he'd been at the airport for 4 long hours (it only took ten minutes to get through security and get all checked in!).  I took a nap and did a ton of cleaning!  Geoff called me that night to talk and say good night.  :)

Yesterday, Monday, Alison and Danielle came over after work and we had a girls night.  Al and I made grilled tuna sandwhiches with cheese (I sliced my finger pretty bad on the tuna can, oops).  Danielle joined us later and we went to the mall for an hour, then to WalMart and home.  I wanted to take them to The Chocolate, but come to find out, they are closed for the holidays.  So we went home and made cinnamon streussel muffins (from a box, of course) but they were yummy.  We got a little ways into Strange Brew before I had to hit the sack.  They were both still here when I left this morning but they're gone now and it's just me and Gwennie again. 

So now that I've spent a bunch of time cleaning, and had some fun with my sisters, I think I'll spend tonight chillaxin'.  Maybe a little bit of picking up, but only a little.  Me and my baby girl will snuggle in a blanket.  Geoff is scheduled to fly home on Thursday, but there's supposed to be a huge storm Wed through Fri, so there's a chance it could be delayed or cancelled altogether.  I hope not cuz I miss him, but we will see.  Later Skater.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh what fun in all this crazy weather, eh? I hope Geoff makes it home on time! Oh, and I just got Drums of Autumn from the library yesterday :) But I still think Outlander is the best so far!