Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome 2011

I had some time going to the airport last night.  Maybe I was being too dramatic.  I think it was partly because I'd been hit the day before and was scared to death to drive on the icy roads.  It was a minor accident, but I'd been doing everything right, so I think I just felt a little vulnerable (it sounds stupid! But I was so scared!)  Anyway, the weather had frozen my windshield washer jets, and I tried and tried to get them to work before I left, but couldn't.  I ended up just using windex, and bringing the bottle with me.  I hit some pretty slick freeway in Lehi and my car felt way unstable so I was going way slow, and I felt like everyone else was driving way too fast.  I had a little bit of a meltdown, and felt like I needed to pull over and just check things over.  I pulled off the Highland Alpine exit to the Maverick to check and sure enough, I had a near-flat tire.  (I've gotta get that tire replaced!)  So I filled it with air and nearly froze my fingers off doing it, then went to spray more windex on the windsheild but there wasn't enough in the bottle to spray, so I went in and bought a water bottle to dilute the windex so I could see out my windshield.  I hated it!  But I made it to the airport safely. 

Geoff also made it safely to the ground, even though his flight was delayed by 2.5 hours.  Better than being cancelled or having to stay overnight I guess.  But I'm glad he was safe.  I told him of my harrowing experience, and he drove us home without worry or incident.

Today, he made me a grilled ham and cheese sandwhich for dinner, even though he wasn't hungry for one.  Also he went with me to the gas station for drinks so I wouldn't have to go alone.  He's so sweet.  I did fine without him this past week, but it's so nice to have him home.  I know this is the age of the independent woman and all, but I've realized that I so appreciate having him around to drive me home when I'm scared, and make me ham and cheese sandwhiches, and just have someone to be there and take care of me.  Sure love him.

Tonight we're staying IN, out of the frigid cold.  Just watching TV, playing with voice changers and hanging out.  I love it!  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuck to driving! I am a nervous driver sometimes too. Especially with my kiddo in the back seat.

We actually live by that Maverick, just along the golf course behind Thanksgiving Point. I could have came to your rescue if you needed!

But I'm glad everyone made it home safely. :)