Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I want to be a sassenach, he he

I just finished the 5th Outlander book!  It's true, there were parts that were pretty slow - a couple of the scenes that just went on and on and you could tell they were there just so she could throw some of the ideas/pieces together.  But it felt like in the last 100-200 pages, she (the writer) was getting back into her groove and it was starting to feel like the first book again.  So, naturally, with a book that ends like that, I'm hungry for more.  A little hesitant to start book six at this moment because I'll become a couch potato, who neglects husband, dog, laundry, and gym, for weeks - because they do take awhile to get through, since they're so huge.  (And not that the gym is a big surprise, but still).  But I have it on the brain.

I have a great life here, but I want to move, so bad.  To the UK.  I feel this pull that I can't describe, that I just feel like I belong there... and I know that sounds SO wannabe and cheesy.  Especially since I've never even BEEN there before.  I hope, someday.

For now, it's back to the taxes.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you do taxes freelance? Or know anyone who does? We're on the search.

Courtney said...

I'm glad to hear the books are still good. I am really struggling with the 4th book.