Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Foods

Oh boy where to start.  We looooovvveeedd the Morningside Heights area, where the campus and student housing are.  It was so clean, bright, and safe-feeling.  I hope we get student housing, because it would be the perfect living place. 

I will say this - 40 degrees in Utah is not, I repeat not the same thing as 40 degrees in New York.  We froze our little (or big) tooshies off.  The first and second day we broke down and bought hats, scarfs, gloves, and two big warm sweatshirts to wear under our jackets and over our other sweatshirts.  Hence the Hat Hair:

I'm told that this cold phenomenon is because of the humidity.  But the humidity did help me to sleep without even a thought of not being able to breathe through my nose so there is a plus side to it.  But moving onward...








There is a lot of good food in New York.  This was the best pizza I've ever had, literally.  Even Brick Oven doesn't come close:
Che Bella's in Morningside Heights

Scoping out the street vendors: Hot dogs in Times Square.  Yum!

Can you tell Geoff is excited??



We got hot dogs at Gray's Papaya too, which I know is really popular there.  Nothing I tried really came close to J-Dawgs though.  Hmmm maybe I should ask them to start a franchise in NYC.  It would blow all of the competition out of the water!  We plan to go at least a few more times before we move!

No comments: