Friday, April 8, 2011

And now making their debut...

Cali's first homemade bread!


I know they look terrible, but they sure taste good.  I'll have to practice rolling the dough into a smooth ball next time before I stick it in the oven, ha ha.  (Though I'm obviously still proud enough of them to take their picture.)  It is so easy too, even though I failed on my first attempt.  The only ingredients are flour, yeast, salt, sugar, Liquid Lecithin, and water.  Mix and bake.  I think that means it's even a vegan-friendly recipe, because I believe the lecithin is made from vegetable fat, though I'm no expert.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy dinner and read my book!  Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay for homemade bread! I really need to make some one of these days... I think they look lovely, they have character! (And I never would have guessed they weren't supposed to look like that.)

NaDell said...

Looks pretty good. Homemade bread is so yummy.
I tried a French bread recipe that said to roll the dough flat and roll it up and then shape it into a loaf with the seam on the bottom. It gets all the air bubbles out too.

Cali said...

That's a good idea. I'll try that.