Friday, April 8, 2011

Home and the Heartland

We got to go see Riverdance last Friday night at Kingsbury Hall.  I am telling you, I will never stop loving it.  I've been listening to the soundtrack for the last eight years, thinking they were never coming back to North America.  I'm a total nerd, but I choked up several times during the first half of the show, I just couldn't believe I was there, watching it live.  It was so beautiful.  So GOOD.  The dancing and stuff is all really cool, but I seriously love the music.  I know every measure, at least of what's on the soundtrack.


There were a few changes since before.  I could've sworn there was a turkish/russian type number which is no longer there, and the Heartland number was only music and no singing (sad cuz I like that song), and there were a few new numbers that I didn't recognize and aren't on my album, but were really good.  And the song from the third track had some piano added that really brightened it up.  Anyway, I hope it's not another eight years before they come back, but when they do, I'll definitely be there.

No comments: