Monday, April 25, 2011

Visitor

We have Geoff's dad, Mike, staying with us for a week this week.  He flew in last Friday night.  On Saturday we ate our faces off at J-Dawgs, then went to Shirley's bakery, then went to Golden Corral (it is a tradition that Mike insists upon, dang those buffets!)  Sunday we went to church, then my parents had us over for dinner - tortilla soup with yummy cheesy bread! And they gave me and Geoff an Easter basket full of candy too, so nice of them!  At home we just watched TV, read books, and snuggled with Gwennie until bed time.  Today I am working, and Geoff might be taking Mike up to Hill AFB to see the air museum.  So anyway.  I'll probably be working late every day this week and won't see them too much before he goes back home.

We've been talking some more.  I've decided that I'm going to get involved in women's advocacy, somehow.  Whether as a full time job, or just volunteering on the side, there's sure to be many opportunities in NYC.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

So for some reason I can't find you on FB so I have leave my message here: just wanted to let you know I finished the 7th book. It's actually really good (better than I thought a 7th book in a series would be) BUT there is NO WAY that is the end of the series. It totally leaves you hanging! I have a feeling there will be an 8th book.