Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cleaning house (warning: this is a boring post)

Well if you ever wanted a peek into the mundanities of everyday married life, I guess you're reading at the right place.

Neither of us are very good at picking up after ourselves as we go. Instead we let it all pile up for a little while and then clean it in one fell swoop. Some days - usually Saturdays like today -we do it all in the same day. We have a system for this. We turn up the tunes, and Geoff takes the bathroom and the kitchen with the mountain of dirty dishes, and I tackle the front room and the bedroom with the mountain of dirty laundry. We consider this to be a fair trade, since he hates the bedroom and I hate the bathroom. Geoff even mopped. (Give that man a Klondike bar) And my compulsive-organizing urge even kicked in and I took it out on the hallway closet. Aaaaaahh I love a clean house. Mundane? Yes. But I think it's great that we can work together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure we spent our Saturday doing the same thing...