Thursday, September 27, 2007

SMILE!

I saw the coolest thing today. Rikki and I were crossing over the freeway on University Pkwy, and we saw a kid our age with a backpack (looked like a student) walking past carrying a cardboard sign that said "SMILE! (you're beautiful!)" And he was grinning like he was just having the best day. We both laughed. What was funny is that it really did make us smile. Funny kid.

We watched the Office Season 4 premier today! Yay! "I'm feeling a little stitious." he he. I love it. I don't get excited about TV shows because it's silly, but I really love this one. Jim and Pam are so cute together. We got Cafe Rio and milkshakes. We got perfect reception with the antennae at the corner of the TV, and then the reception went bad right before the show started, so we build this tower for the antennae to sit on so we could see our show properly.



Sometimes we long for the day we can have a plasma screen and cable tv, but this works for now.







Can I just say life is so good.

You know, I was getting really restless for a little while about being still in Utah County and how I never made the effort to travel or see the world and what-not. But then I just realized that this is what I need to be doing right now (going to school). Because, I don't know why, but I think I'm probably going to need my education someday, you know? This is where I need to be right now. And I look forward to the day when my husband and I can travel and see the world together; that will be awesome.

I got a cool email forward today about Garbage Trucks. It said that when other people's lives get full of garbage (guilt, shame, anger, fear), they tend to dump it on other people. Sooner or later someone is going to dump their garbage on you, and you can either go ahead and let them, (which fills you up with garbage, then you start to dump it on other people), or you can just smile and wave at them, let it roll off your back and go on happily with your own life. It was a really good point. And that's my inspirational (if somewhat roughly-put) thought for the day.

No comments: