Sunday, November 25, 2007

Vacation

Well Park City turned out really great, for the most part. Our room was beautiful - two big beds with soft, thick, beautiful comforters and tons of pillows. We had a computer desk, a TV set, mini-fridge, and the bathroom was so cute, too. Next time we get a hotel, I say we do the Marriott. Right after we checked in we went over to Tanger to shop around a little bit. Geoff actually said he likes to go shopping with me, "it's fun," he said. (It was cute.) It was so crowded because it was the day after Thanksgiving, even though it was evening at that time, we could hardly find a place to park. I got a pair of shorts for the swimming pool and Geoff got some tennis shoes for the gym. We also split a Mrs. Field's cookie and went in to see the pet adoption center. Wow there were some gorgeous cats there. We talk a little about getting a cat now and then - a short-hair - but the only setback we really have is my allergies, although they don't seem to be as bad as they once were. I have my yearly dr's appt. next month, so I'm going to ask her what she thinks about the allergies. We miss having pets, as soon as we can have another dog we will. This brings to mind a joke Geoff told me the other day - "what does a dyslexic agnostic insomniac do?" I said, "he lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog." He was surprised I knew the answer. Anyway, when we got home from the outlet mall, we went down to the hotel gym, which had a couple treadmills, a couple ellipticals, and a weight-center thingy. We worked out for about 30 minutes, then went back to the room and changed into swimsuits and checked out the pool. First we went into the sauna. I didn't like the sauna much, the minute Geoff opened the door to go in, I was hit in the face with a wave of steam. It didn't change much once we got in, I draped my towel over my head and tried to breathe. Then we jumped in the pool for a few minutes, then the jacuzzi. Once we tired of that, we went back to the room and showered and went to dinner. Yes, we were those people who go on vacation and eat at the hotel restaurant (c.g.g.chef) - I didn't really feel like going out, and the restaurant had a soup and salad bar, which we thought would be appropriate since we had just worked out. The restaurant was fairly nice except for the pounding that was going on overhead. We think we were below some kind of ballroom, which had to have been hosting a swing-dancing competition.

By the time we got back to the room, I was pooped. It felt so good to just lay there and watch TV (and cuddle!) :) I got up only once, to use the ATM and buy a couple of sodas from down the hall. We watched a couple hours of the To Catch a Predator marathon then went to sleep around 11 or so, I think. We put out the leaflet for room-service breakfast, which came promptly on time the next morning. (and was very good!) We checked out, and had had plans to walk mainstreet and see the museums, but at the time it didn't sound very appealing I guess (we couldn't make a decision about what to do), so we just came home.

I was glad we came home though because turns out, it was grandma's birthday, and she had invited everyone down for chili and to watch the BYU-Utah game. So then we did that, and enjoyed it. I told everyone we'd been to Park City, and Aunt and Uncle said "hey! If you ever want to go to Park City again tell us and go use our condo, it's just sitting there." It was nice of them to offer. They have been nothing but generous to us ever, but I just hate to feel - or to have them feel - like we're taking advantage of them. Anyway, then today was a normal lazy Sunday, but it felt good. Geoff taught the lesson again in Priesthood, and it sounded like it went well. He seems to be a talented teacher, a skill I admire him for. I will never have that talent, so I'm glad at least somebody in the family does. :) I love spending time with him, it's so nice to have somebody to spend not just lazy Sundays with, but the whole of life. I did manage to get some homework done this weekend, and we watched The Ultimate Gift - a Christian movie starring Abigail Breslin (the little girl from Little Miss Sunshine), it was really good. And it had a song on it that I loved the first time I heard it on the radio probably over a year ago - Breathe Me by Sia Furler. It's not exactly an uplifting song, but I just love the piano-echo thing, and the percussion.

*Sigh*. It was such a great weekend and I enjoyed it so much that I just hate to start a new week. I'm sad it's over. But it was good. It's time for bed now.

No comments: