Thursday, July 31, 2008

Slideshows and burning boogers

Geoff had a bit of a frustrating day yesterday. First, his IPOD broke. It got that big red X and would not reset. (Thanks, Apple! Exhorbitant prices have nothing to do with value, apparently.) Then, when he tried to pull the bottom drawer out of the desk, it got stuck and the front panel broke off. Then, while I was at class, he worked for hours on a slideshow/movie about the two of us, saved his completed project, and could not get it open again to show me. It's a little humorous that it all happened in the same day... maybe... a little. But then he started his project again and finished it within a couple of hours and burned it to a DVD and played it for me in the front room. It's exactly the same thing we hired a guy to do for us for a wedding video, a slideshow of pictures with a music track. It was so cute! The music track was Rick Astely, Together Forever, which I just laughed about because we joke about Rick Astely all the time. Anyway. It was cute.

Then I went to bed and woke up around 4:30 a.m., Geoff was in the computer room making more slideshows of stuff. He'd been awake all night! I had to have him lay down with me so I could fall back asleep, which he patiently did. I heard him finally come to bed around 6:30, about 30 seconds before my alarm clock went off. So, I expect he's still home sleeping right about now.

He also asked me what I thought about him keeping a journal. An online, private one, which I am not privy to. Of course I am insanely curious about what he writes, (or will write, if he hasn't started yet), but I think it's awesome! I love journaling; when I was younger I filled up about 12 hard-bound journals in about 5 years. Every once in a great while I'll pull one out and read it, and usually I'm either totally embarrassed by my teenage stupid-ness or totally taken with seeing everything from a different perspective now. Some of the memories it brings back are so funny - once when we were vacationing in California, we were sitting in a sauna and it was so hot that 4-year-old Danielle said it was "burning her boogers." I would never have remembered that. Anyway, my point is that I think it's really great to keep a journal, even if it's just for yourself.

1 comment:

alison said...

hahahahaha oh my goodness danielle is so cute...haha.