Monday, December 8, 2008

Counting blessings

It seems every day I am reminded in some way or another of just how lucky and blessed I am. You know, I've been a little stressed with school and the fact that my brain turned to mush in Vegas and hasn't quite resumed it's normal shape yet, but I have nothing to complain about, for real. With the times being what they are, I am sooooo lucky to have a job that I feel relatively secure in, that I love, and that helps us to be self-sufficient, even though we're both in school and we're supposed to be poor... I don't feel a struggle at all. That is an amazing blessing. And I just realize all the time what a great husband I've got... I just love him so much. I feel so secure with him and I think no matter what happens, that he is the one next to me at night is all I want. Things are good.

1 comment:

Jax said...

I think you hit the nail on the head, Cali. If nothing else, I hope this economic downturn helps people to remember what little it really should take in life to bring you happiness--your family, your health, a roof over your head, and the ability to meet basic needs and at least have a little left over for some periodic fun.

A lot of the economic problems we're experiencing right now have, at their root, human greed and a desire for material posessions and wealth. These aren't the things that make us happy. Ultimately, value was created out of nothing; and thus the bubble burst . . .