Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My routan babies

Today I went to the women's health care center in A.F. for my yearly checkup. While in the waiting room, I observed a girl come out from the back, grasping her husband's hand in one and what looked like an ultrasound in the other. She was smiling and had an obvious pregnant glow. There was one girl about seven-ish months pregnant who looked like she was on the verge of a mental breakdown, and one that couldn't have been a day over 18. And it's probably likely that there were some there who were trying to conceive and hadn't yet been able to, and probably a few like myself, just there out of routine. Anyway, I thought about what they must all be doing there and realized how amazing and strong women are. They go through so much with the whole child-bearing thing, no matter what phase they may be at, it can take such a toll physically and emotionally. Women are amazing.

Anyway, as for my own experience. I really like my doctor, she's really great. Her name's Ekaete (Ee-ky-tay) and she's so nice. I was expecting a normal checkup though, you know the expected uncomfortable-ness of taking your clothes off and donning hospital-esque clothing, having your insides pinched and poked. Anyway so there I was on my back, lying spread-eagle and anticipating the end, and the door opened. And someone else walked in the room. And stood there while the doctor finished. I wanted to die; I got so nervous and the doctor kept saying "relax, relax" but how in the world was I supposed to do that, tell me. Anyway, it was over before I knew it, but I bet it was almost as horrifying as the time Geoff realized he accidentally drank his auntie's breast milk. Probably almost. I'm glad it's only once a year.

Anyway, all the thinking about babies and stuff, and someone showed me a website where you can upload yours and someone else's photo and see what your babies are going to look like. So, I took these two photos:



And got this baby:



Then I tried it with these two photos to see if it would give me something different:


And got the following babies:









I can't tell if any of them really look like either of us. The module puts markers on your faces and constructs a baby for you based on that. I do think it's interesting that we got almost the exact same baby from two different picture sets though. The person who showed me the website got a baby that just looks exactly like her husband. Anyway, I couldn't get the exact URL but google Routan Baby and you can find it. Kind of funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know one sure way to know what your babies will look like... i'm sure you do too!

M said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I would have DIED if that happened to me while at an appointment. Geeez! The baby pics are hilarious!! I'll definitely have to check out that site.

Diane said...

AH I am laughing so hard right now! First because of the "Geoff accidentely drinking breast milk"...And those pictures are Hilarious!! Kinda creepy but so funny!

Tisha Morgan said...

There were way too many twin babies for that thing to be accurate. I got pretty ugly baby the first time and a cute one the second time. Sarah and Cassie both got the first baby I one one of their tries. So funny that everyone in the office was playing with it!

Anonymous said...

Ok... now I want GRANDBABIES!!! That was cruel.