Friday, December 26, 2008

Lovin' Christmas

We talked to Alison yesterday morning on the phone. We got up early on Christmas and drove to Spanish Fork to do this. It was worth it though, of course. (Read my mom's account plus letters from Al here.) We stayed to open presents and eat breakfast with the fam. It was fun. Mom & Dad got both Geoff and I brand new winter coats - nice ones that we could wear to church - I love them! And they also gave us a portable DVD player since we keep borrowing theirs all the time. We've got a lot of nice stuff from both sets of parents and siblings (and others!). I was just about to write thanks to people but I thought that's tacky to say thanks on my blog, I'd rather speak to them.

After mom & dad's we came home so geoff could shave cuz he felt hairy, we took a nap and went back to SF to grandma's this time. The extended family was there and we ate lunch and exchanged gifts. Geoff has had a cold the last few days, and he'd taken some cold medicine that made him loopy, so we came home then, and he totally crashed on the couch for at least an hour. I started book 3 while he was asleep, then he woke up and we watched the Dark Knight. Wow, I thought Heath Ledger was amazing! Because he was so creepy, the way he talked and kept licking his lips. He really stole the show. (Yes, I know we're about six months behind the pop culture trend, everyone else has already seen it).

About 11:00 we crashed. I say though, it is so nice, to know that you have all of the next day to do whatever you want! And better, the day after that too! Love it!

No comments: