Saturday, December 27, 2008

Total ECLIPSE of the heart

I feel somewhat brooding tonight, don't know why. But I tell you my hubby is such a bright spot in my life. Where would I be without his even temperament and upbeat attitude?

I know I am talking about this a lot the past week or so, but it is sort of dominating my world in that short space of time. BUT I just finished book 3 this afternoon, and I LOVE it. After checking out the soundtrack and musical score on itunes, I decided it was time to see the movie. Edward and Bella were exactly as I pictured them even before I saw advertisements, but the acting was horrible. Especially Bella. Charlie was pretty good though, actually. His performace actually stood out even though it's one of the lesser supporting roles. And the girl who played Jessica was actually pretty good at her part, too. Anyway, regardless of all that, I did enjoy it. And I daresay Geoff enjoyed it too. I want to start book 4 but it's just taking up too much of my time and thoughts... might be good to give it a break for a few days. And though I admit it reluctantly, I really do heart Edward. There's a facebook group called "Because I read the Twlight series I have unrealistic expectations in men." Chuckle. That was always Geoff's gripe with chick flicks. I suppose that's true. We "chicks" deal with the same thing though, pretty much anywhere you look. It is what it is though, eh?

Speaking of... Christmas candy at Wal mart is 50% off. I loaded up on cordial cherries, orange-creme mints, and sweet stripes. I've been working really hard this break to watch the food intake, (have actually lost a couple pounds) but blame it on the mood I guess. Hopefully it will just sit around.

About the dog in Murray that walked into a Smith's, went straight to the pet food aisle, selected a raw-hide bone, and walked straight back out the door. Got a pretty good laugh out of that. That is a smart dog. I love pets.

3 comments:

Ang said...

YAY! If you want I can burn copies of the music...so good!

Anonymous said...

Now you've gone and seen it without me.... I'll have to drag your dad to it. But he said he wanted to see it because he likes vampire movies. (It might not be the type of vampire movie he's thinking of)

I got a kick out of Geoff's blog. Watch out Cali, he thinks Edward is dreamy...

DeAnna said...

Don't wait, just read book 4...there is no end to the obsession until you read book 4, then you can let life get back to normal. P.S. I really liked the Host too...better for an older audience.