Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pink Chapagne on Ice

I just added the Eagles, Hotel California Live Acoustic version to my playlist over there on the side. I love this song. Geoff can play the beginning guitar part. I just love the spanish-sounding guitar at the beginning (maybe it is spanish guitar? I don't know enough to tell), and when the percussion comes in. I adore it all the way up until the familiar chord progression starts, where it becomes "that song." (It's still good after that but the beginning is more captivating).

Sometimes Geoff will play the guitar part on his guitar, then when it comes time for the percussion I'll hit out the beat with my hands. We're so dorky, but it's fun. Back when I had my piano, we could play Ben Folds Five's Brick together, me on piano and him on guitar. That was so fun, I love doing stuff like that.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Cute. I love singing silly songs with Andy too.

Anonymous said...

Me and Blair used to do a duet to the song from Last of the Mohicans. And Ben Folds is about my favorite, and I love Brick so much.

NaDell said...

I just heard Hotel Cal. this morning again while I was getting ready. I figured out where the "Pink Champagne on Ice" title came from. Funny.