Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bye Frank

Well, mom & dad took Frankie to the vet yesterday. They could've prolonged his life for a couple of years through surgeries, daily injections, overnight clinic visits, medication, etc. He still would have been miserable. I didn't realize he's lost half his body weight since May. Mom & Dad brought him home from the vet, not wanting to make a decision right away. This morning they took him back and went through with it. Mom called me in tears. She will be the one to tell Al. Well, at least we know he isn't suffering anymore, which is the most important thing. My dad wrote a really sweet post here.

Thanks for all of your comments; your concern is appreciated. :)

2 comments:

Diane said...

aw that makes me cry. Sorry he's gone.

M said...

Sorry to hear about Frankie. He was a really good dog, very sweet. I agree with what was said in other posts, he was lucky to have such a wonderful family :)