Friday, February 6, 2009

Are you sure you aren't married to Satan, lady?

So, I've been in an ongoing dispute with a company called National Imaging Systems, a printer-toner cartridge company. Basically they said they were sending us a free trial toner cartridge and then tried to charge us for it, and followed up with a series of nasty phone calls from Victoria Jean. (I was astonished at her nerve to call me out on a problem they caused). I think (hope) the problem might be resolved now, after having made a complaint to the BBB. I did a little research on their company, and they have complaints all over the place - exactly like mine. Victoria Jean's name is even out there.

I thought about it later, after my blood stopped boiling, and wondered how someone in involved in such a shameless con sceme, who berates the very customers they're trying to rip off, to their face, can live with themselves. Honestly, if I knew what I was doing every day was so wrong, and fighting with "customers" on the phone about it all day every day, I would be the most miserable person on earth.

My boss was just going to pay the invoice so he wouldn't have to deal with them, but I guess I'm a little more stubborn than that. I'm normally a quiet person and would rather not fight about stuff. I should probably be more professional about these things, but I will have it out with someone if the mood strikes And if they ask for it.

I promise I'm going to try and have more positive posts up here real soon.

8 comments:

JohnnyB said...

We had a similar deal once at work with a company that had a bunch of online complaints against them A woman kept calling and threatening to ruin our credit if we didn't pay for this book we had returned to them. Like you, I wondered how she could go to work every day knowing her job was to rip people off. Eventually the mess came to my desk and I got rid of her. She would give us only her first name: Liza. I assumed her last name was "Lott".

Diane said...

haha you are so funny. I'm a lot like you, I hate being ripped off. I can't sleep sometimes unless it's resolved. So good for you!

Anonymous said...

These companies call your company asking for the model number of your printer, then they send you toner cartridges and charge you for it... like you ordered it. It's the oldest trick out there. Whoever answers the phone needs to get wise to them and refuse to give them the number. They do it everywhere and when people give up and pay the invoice, that's how they make their money. It has happened to me and those I've worked with. Good for you for standing up to them.

Anonymous said...

These companies call your company asking for the model number of your printer, then they send you toner cartridges and charge you for it... like you ordered it. It's the oldest trick out there. Whoever answers the phone needs to get wise to them and refuse to give them the number. They do it everywhere and when people give up and pay the invoice, that's how they make their money. It has happened to me and those I've worked with. Good for you for standing up to them.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cals, do me a favor and delete this and the duplicate up there? Guess I pushed "send" twice. Lol

Cali said...

Mom - I'm trying to delete your comment, but having some trouble. I guess I was the naive one that fell for it, huh? Well, never again! ha ha

Johnny B - I am curious as to how you got rid of Ms. Liza. :)

Diane - I actually did stay awake all night thinking about it! We must be a lot alike.

JohnnyB said...

Cali
We found some online complaints about the company and I told Ms. Liza Lott about them. I told her we would not pay for the merchandise and that we would no longer take her calls. She gave up.

Jax said...

That's ha ha ha-larious. What a scummy company.