Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bust-a-Kappa

Okay, so I've been getting this invitation to join some group called "Golden Key" for the past couple years, it's some kind of honors thing related to education. Except they want money. It seems a little counterintuitive to pay a big fee to join a group that supposedly wants you so bad. So every time I get it I just throw it away. Today I got an email from someone at UVU inviting me to join the "Honors Society of Phi Kappa Phi." Honestly, I'm quite dumb about these things, I've never even heard of this group before. And they want money too. But I wonder if this one is a little more legit since there's an actual person at my school who is tied to the organization, and they're having an induction ceremony at the end of the month. I think I'll ask one of my professors what it is and if it's worth it to join. (And maybe they missed my 'C' grade from last semester! What if I get C's again!)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I would be careful before sending in any money. Do a little googling.

Cali said...

Yeah I think you're right.