Sunday, April 5, 2009

New bedroom

(Sorry for the poor-quality cellphone pictures! Our computer no longer uploads photos from the digital camera!)

Before:







Here goes nothin'!


After:


My favorite view.




Geoff moved everything out and taped it off Friday night, and Saturday morning got hit with a pretty violent stomach flu, so he was out through the late afternoon. I put most of the first coat on myself, and then mom came and helped me with detailing and the second coat. It was fun!
.
The color ended up going on the wall much darker than I had thought, and dried much brighter than I had thought. But, I think it turned out. I might purchase a floor lamp to lighten it up at night when there's no light from the window. I'm no interior decorator, but, it is cozy and I think for a first time it turned out pretty well.

9 comments:

NaDell said...

It's SO cute! I love that dark blue color!
GREAT job.
Too bad Geoff was sick. At least it's on the weekend and not during a test or something like that, though, right?

kenna said...

It looks awesome! I wish I could paint my room!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it!!!

Ang said...

Love it! So gorgeous--way to go painter girl.

Jared said...

Looks really good! Ashlee and I both love the color.

Diane said...

That looks awesome, I love that shade of blue!

Kayt and Brian Bell said...

okay! I absolutely LOVE it! You have such good taste and as you know. . . I LOVE color on walls. . . lol! So so cute!

Tisha Morgan said...

Good job. It looks great. Love the little decorative accents.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks awesome! I love that color!